What does this plugin do?
- Wraps radio, checkbox and list (repeater) fields in a fieldset.
- Improves form validation by displaying an on-page message that describes how many errors there were in the page. The message contains a list of the form fields with the errors, a description of the error and a link to the field.
- Adds aria-describedby attributes for date and website fields – providing clear instructions for screen reader users of what format is required for the field.
- Adds aria-describedby attributes for fields that have failed validation – providing clear instructions for screen reader users of what the field error is. Description used is the default validation message for the field, or if set, the validation message for the field.
- Disables the Gravity Forms configured tabindex – this stops users from being able to tab between fields and on-page links.
- Changes links in the form body, such as field descriptions or HTML fields, so they open in a new window. A title is added or appended to any existing title for screen reader users which reads ‘this link will open in a new window’.
- Improved file upload field – wrapped in field set, clearly identifies to screen reader users if any file size of file type restrictions have been set of the field.
- Improved field instructions – if a description has been provided for the field, the field is ‘described by’ the description, using the aria-describedby attribute
See a demo of this plugin at demo.itsupportguides.com/gravity-forms-wcag-20-form-fields
How to I use the plugin?
Simply install and activate the plugin – no configuration required.